Landford Stone are proud to be certified fabricators of Lapitec.
Research and development, exclusive technology and know-how, quality and design, contemporary appeal combined with a traditional feel, superior and unsurpassed performance: these are the cornerstones on which Lapitec S.p.A has built, not only its “mission” , but also the first production site in the world which produces Lapitec® .
The technical and technological partnership with Breton S.p.A. – world leader in the production of machines and plants for processing stone and natural engineered stone products and that developed both the exclusive technology and plant – has allowed us to create a ceramic based product with unsurpassed technical properties and design appeal.
Lapitec® : the product the world of architecture was looking for.
- The perfect example of Italian style.
- Lapitec® is an innovative “full bodied” sintered stone. Available in large format slabs, it unites aesthetic design appeal and the superior mechanical and physical properties of porcelain with the elegance, workability, colours and typical finishes of natural stone.
- It is XXL
- Lapitec® is produced in slabs measuring 3365×1500 mm and with calibrated thicknesses of 12, 20 or 30 mm. With 5,05 m2 per slab, Lapitec® is the biggest sintered stone available on the market.
- It is versatile
- Lapitec® provides the most suitable and diverse solutions for construction and furnishing, with the dimensions required by designers. Being a “full bodied” material it is easy to work and can be utilizedin countless applications: from internal and external cladding to pavements, from kitchen tops to ventilated façades
- It is clean
- Lapitec® is non porous and therefore resistant to staining, mould and bacteria. Lapitec® ’s resistance to these factors means it is easily cleaned.
- It is eternal
- Lapitec® is a product that is long lasting and completely weather proof. Every slab is resistant to acids, alkalis, deep abrasions, fire, frost and is unaffected by UV rays. It is also resistant to graffiti.
It is natural
- Lapitec® is produced with maximum respect for both people and the environment. It is completely inert, containing no resins or petroleum derivatives.
Bio-Care technology / Bio-Care
Pollution in cities is not only a risk to our health but it also has a damaging effect on buildings, monuments and infrastructures. The main cause of damage to buildings is the build up of organic matter which deposits on the surface.
Biotech is a Lapitec® line designed and developed to breakdown and wash away the organic atmospheric particles which deposit on the surface as well as having a bactericidal effect.
To achieve this result this specific Bio-Care line is produced by incorporating a special form of Titanium dioxide (TiO2) during the Lapitec® production.
Titanium dioxide is a catalyst which degrades organic matter through oxidation thanks to the reaction to natural sunlight or artificial lighting (photocatalysis).
Titanium dioxide also gives Lapitec® super hydrophilic properties promoting a washing effect to remove the polluting particles from the surface. This important feature allows us to define the surfaces of the Lapitec® Biotech line as “self-cleaning”.
Scientific research has also demonstrated how the powerful oxidation properties of Titanium dioxide destroys bacteria (as Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus) and mould, fungus and micro organisms reducing the unpleasant odours produced.
The Bio-Care line is the perfect choice for locations where you have to guarantee a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene with anti-polluting and self-cleaning properties.